Zimbabwe

Madeleine's first few months in Zimbabwe were anything but what she had anticipated after spending a wonderful 6 weeks in Layton Utah.  Challenges seemed to abound and frustration mounted.  It was so hard to hear all that she was going through and not be able to fix it.  I remember walking (in the summer) and talking with the Lord about my worries and what if it was too much for her....the thought came "Do you trust me?"  Well, I answered honestly that I wasn't sure I did in this situation. What if it "broke" her and she was never the same.  The thought came again and again.  I decided I needed to learn how to trust the Lord.  I prayed for it and started reading my scriptures with that desire in mind.
Thankfully in the meantime over in Zimbabwe President and Sister Judd were watching over our daughter giving her encouragement and love.  What a blessing they have been in her experience as a missionary. Now, so many months later Madeleine is thriving. There are still difficulties but her abilities have increased and she is thriving.  She just wrote home that she is extending her mission until October 9th.  She became an STL (sister training leader) two transfers ago and is learning how much work it takes to run a mission and watch over each other.  She did not seek this role but is learning so much!
Sister Terese *her mtc comp and her lived together in a 4 some apartment for a few transfers and loved it!  A good call by the president. I think it gave her a needed boost.





Unfortunately our cards and package never arrived and so Madeleine received nothing for Christmas.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brit 53 Saskatoon